Friday 25 October 2013

FOR THE LOVE OF FASHION

Some people may think that the fashion industry is superficial and shallow, don't get me wrong it can be, but I'm going to show you what made me and others fall head over heels for it.

Reason 1: It's something to be passionate about and it goes on forever. Like the saying goes "La mode se démode, la style jamais." It's a fast paced business and trends are always changing, it's exciting and tiring all at the same time. 

Reason 2: It's a way to express yourself, to identify yourself to others. I know what you're thinking, it's wrong to judge a book by its cover but it's not always negative. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they dress and the way that they present themselves.

Reason 3: It's art. To some, designers clothes may look odd and uninteresting but it's real, living, breathing art! How much more real can it get than walking down a runway in front of you? The makeup, the hair and the clothing on the models make them almost inhuman and more like art.

Reason 4: Retail therapy is the best kind of therapy, for me, honestly, shopping is the most relaxing thing I can do. It takes all my focus, time and energy when I'm at the mall planning outfits. Some people read, others meditate. Well I love to spend all of my money on clothes. Even reading a good magazine is a distraction mechanism that I often use.

WeHeartit.com

2 comments:

  1. I like how you view fashion as art. I express my passion for art through my tattoos and my own artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that it is art. Shopping can be therapeutic until you check your bank balance!

    ReplyDelete